The next few decades are pivotal for mankind and for the planet. According to the United Nations, by the year 2050, global population will grow to nine billion people – all needing access to healthy food, clean water, sanitation, shelter, mobility, education and healthcare.
To build a better world, we all must change the way we live, work and play. For our part, we will do what we do best: innovate, adapt and collaborate. We must both lead by example and work with others to help lead the transition to a more sustainable planet and society.
Although the number of pages printed is on the decline our usage is causing some dangerous consequences to our environment and natural resources:
• The average office worker prints 34 pages per day - 17% of those pages are never used
• A typical office printer produces 100 lbs. of waste each year
• It takes three quarts of oil to produce one laser cartridge
• Over one million print cartridges are used every day - less than 20% are ever recycled
• It takes 450 YEARS for a cartridge to decompose in a landfill.
• It takes 24 trees to make 1 ton for copy paper.
• The typical office worker consumes 10,000 sheets of paper per year. A case of paper takes 60% of a tree to make
• A medium sized printer will consume 1583 kilowatt-hours of energy each year with an average cost of $94.00.
We are committed to minimizing our own footprint and to delivering solutions that help our customers and the rest of society do the same.
• Minimize our carbon impact
• Prioritize remanufacturing, reclaim as much reusable material as possible
• End-of-life processing for all assets collected that cannot be remanufactured
• Industry's only grinding operation focused on the reclamation of raw materials from end-of-life laser toner cartridges
• Remanufactuer and recycle all North American collections in North America
• Exceed global industry practices for responsible materials recycling and final disposition of electronics products
By partnering with PrintLogix we can help your company achieve its environmental sustainability policy and reduce its carbon footprint.
To read more about PrintLogix environmental sustainability – go to our Go Green initiative page.